As a Software Test Engineer, you will be primarily responsible for design and implementation of test automation framework. You will be developing and executing test automation scripts, capturing and analyzing test results, raising and tracking defects. You will be enhancing and building tools as needed for Client- Server, Web, Mobile and Cloud testing. You will be required to liaise with developers and project team to understand the business requirements.
- Ability to design and develop the test framework using scripting languages such as Java Script, VB Script, Python
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases with a strong emphasis on using code to solve technical challenges and shorten the test cycle through automation
- Add to our company’s performance and scalability testing efforts and improve the test frameworks, tools and technologies used by the organization to maintain a high-quality bar.
- Create, execute and troubleshoot automated test scenarios across our systems
- Contribute to robust, scalable, and high-quality test automation solutions for functional, regression and performance testing
- Load test script creation, execution and troubleshooting using JMeter and Another Load Testing Tool
- Identify required improvements in the test and development processes; make
contributions to our automation tools that address specific needs
- Introducing mechanisms to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of existing testing practices.
- Providing effort estimates independently for a release and testing strategy for same
- Independently write test cases/ test plan for new stories, enhancements planned in release
- Provide guidance and support to less experienced staff.
- Technical leader for test projects (Verification & Validation).
- Transition manual test methodologies into automated processes.
- You’ll innovate and figure out new ways to lessen test times.
- May be called on to develop tools for conditional testing (risk and mitigation).
- Build a strong working relationship with software development engineers and be a
- Create reports to estimate, provide insight, plan and define the course towards our
- Mentor and train other engineers to bring them into an automated test process.
- Maintain schedules, document work done, provide metrics to leadership.
- Will participate in manual hands-on testing as needed.
- Subject expert on automated testing methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English is must.
- Java certification is must
- Degree in Computer Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in software development / testing /automation scripting
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming, design and debugging skills
- Strong scripting skills
- Ability to design and develop the test framework using scripting languages such as Java Script, VB Script, Python.
- Working Knowledge of CMS application/ Mobile testing using Cloud.
- Knowledge of API testing
- Experience in using configuration management tools and defect tracking tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Strong analytical skills and creative problem solving, analytical skills
- Must be a good team player as well as able to work independently
- Experience in working on Parasoft or Fiddler.
- Experience testing cloud based applications
- Working knowledge of Jenkins/Hudson to accommodate continuous integration
Process is required.
- Considerable amount of hands on experience in JMeter is mandatory.
- Candidate should be strong in performance testing.
- Experience working in an agile environment preferred.
- Hands on experience in Web Application Automation Testing and Java Programming
- Proficient with Python and other scripting languages and tools.
- Should have experience on BDD Framework using Cucumber.
- Must be proficient with C, and other modern development languages and tools.
- Must have a solid grasp of test methodologies and use them to produce test procedures
- Experience using development tools (Jenkins, Jira, Git, Confluence, etc.).
- Enhance test frameworks and develop, maintain and execute automated tests using
- Capacity to remain focused with task at hand as well as multi-tasking.
- Strong sense of ownership for assigned tasks and willingness to go the extra mile when needed.
- Designs and develops test plans, test cases & test scripts based on business
requirements for both manual and automated testing. Defines test strategies for
tracking and fixing software issues.
- Designs and develops automated test scripts beyond record and playback; develops
functions, libraries, adding control flow logic, loops & error handling.
- Defines and establishes automation strategy and process for various systems.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for the design and development of all aspects of
automated testing along with creation, execution and maintenance of automated
- Real-Time Operating Systems
- Embedded devices
- Agile methodologies
- Designing automated fixture hardware
- Defect tracking systems
- Programming Language: Groovy.
- UI Browser Testing: Geb.
- Test Runner: Spock
- Build & Dependency Management: Gradle.
- External APIs: HttpBuilder (web service testing), Groovy CSV, iText PDF, json-schema-validator, JsonUnit.